Our sling ropes are backbraided out of a 30 foot piece of ½ inch New England Multiline II rope. After the back splice and eye splice are braided it leaves you approx 29 feet of sling rope. We run a longer sling rope that most, so we can use it for more than just a sling rope. Take both your sling ropes off when you pull into camp tie them together and now you have a 60 foot rope for your highline. Our sling ropes have superior strength and will last for years to come.
About New England Multiline II:
We offer New England Multiline II™. Multiline II is a 3-strand composite rope which is constructed by twisting three strands of a blend of spun and filament polyester around cores of fibrillated polyolefin. The polyolefin keeps the strands firm and round without adding weight, which improves abrasion resistance and handling. The spun polyester gives Multiline II its characteristic fuzzy feel and makes it easier to grip, even when wet. Multiline II provides the greatest durability, highest strength, lightest weight, and most consistent supple feel over time of any commercially available composite rope.
- Spun polyester improves grip and knot holding even when wet.
- Cores of fibrillated polyolefin keep strands firm and round, enhancing knot holding and hand grip.
- Easy to splice.
- Consistently supple feel over the service life of the rope.
- Great for natural crotch rigging.
- Multiline is easily identified by its familiar two orange markers.